Microsoft Teams remains in "Hang on while we get things set up for you!" forever while initializing the application

Anonymous
2020-06-22T14:20:37+00:00

The subject says it all.   I'd love to provide more useful information but I don't have any more useful information to provide.  All I see is a spinning circle graphic and "Hang on while we get things set up for you!". Where do I begin?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T02:34:36+00:00

    I think I may have figured out the issue, the Teams app (on my Android phone at least) had all "permissions" denied.  Oddly I tried to select "all permissions" but it would not take so I had to manually, and individually, allow storage, phone, camera, microphone, etc.  I'm assuming "storage" was the culprit, more than likely Teams was trying to write a file to the phone and the endless loop was a result of that failure.

    Thanks bro! You provided the clue. I think I had settled this issue on my HUAWEI Mate 20 just set "storage", "phone" and "microphone" as "Allowed". Launched 2 times and reboot phone 1 time, so far so good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-13T14:01:49+00:00

    I think I may have figured out the issue, the Teams app (on my Android phone at least) had all "permissions" denied.  Oddly I tried to select "all permissions" but it would not take so I had to manually, and individually, allow storage, phone, camera, microphone, etc.  I'm assuming "storage" was the culprit, more than likely Teams was trying to write a file to the phone and the endless loop was a result of that failure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-11T15:57:04+00:00

    Have been using Teams for several months (since moved there from Skype for Business), this is the first time I ever saw this "hold on while we set things up for you" screen, and it has not gone past.

    It's happening today in a VDI running on a Win10 laptop, even after disconnecting and reconnecting. The iPhone app is still working ok.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-10T03:55:23+00:00

    Exactly same problem here. Huawei P20, Android 10.0

    Update: Teams is still working this morning. Tried to "lock" it so it does not shut down. So far so good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-18T11:09:36+00:00

    Download Teams again.. Install it..

    then when its trying to login..  right click  on  the taskbar teams icon  (right down)

    and sing out.

    then close it

    Open teams again Login ..  it worked for me! pls let me know !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments