Will Teams add a draw on screen feature when sharing a screen

Anonymous
2020-06-10T21:26:01+00:00

We are financial advisors who like to highlight things on a clients account or plan when having a virtual meeting.  Currently we have to use Go-To Meeting to allow us to draw or highlight data to call it out.  Has MS Teams considered adding a feature to allow users to highlight or draw on a shared screen which may be a document or website?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Didi 15,515 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-10T21:41:13+00:00

    Hi Michael,

    My name is Didi, an Independent Advisor. I'll be glad to help you today.

    You can try using Whiteboard which lets participants of Teams meetings draw, sketch, and write together on a shared digital canvas.

    To learn more about it, please check out this link:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-...

    I hope this helps.

    Kind regards,

    Didi

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-07T16:16:40+00:00

    Thanks, but the whiteboard doesn't help. 

    What is needed is a way to draw on the screen like Slack allows. A shared screen, not a whiteboard.

    Say we're remote peer-programming with Visual Studio screen being shared. Need the ability to draw to highlight lines of code that are being referenced.

    We do this all the time with Slack, and it's the one holdback to us switching to Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-24T17:49:58+00:00

    I agree, this is the one feature that Teams is lacking. GTM does a pretty good job of this. I would love this feature in Teams to draw on other's shared screen. Right now it is clunky when I want to point at something. I have to request control of their screen just to use the mouse to point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-08T13:59:18+00:00

    Hear, hear. Many a Teams meeting has been switched to Zoom specifically for the abilty to highlight whatever is being shared and quickly focus on key elements. 

    Researching Teams ability in this area led me to this conversation. 

    Consider it “Whiteboard Plus”

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-11T19:00:15+00:00

    Whenever someone invites me to a Teams meeting, I immediately send them my Zoom room. It is kinda like using IE to download Chrome, I connect to Teams just to send the Zoom link. I think this is the only feature Teams is missing to allow for better communication.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments