Unable to login to Teams - That code didn't work. Check the code and try again

Anonymous
2021-06-07T11:54:39+00:00

I am trying to login into Microsoft Teams. I enter email address and password and all is good. It then asks for my mobile number and sends me a txt msg with a 4 digit code. I enter this code and then get the following error: "That code didn't work. Check the code and try again." Obviously I have entered the code correctly. What to do next to get this resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-06-07T12:26:35+00:00

Hi

My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor.

There are different kinds of MS Team free, I'd like to know which kind of MS Team free you are having issues with.

Please visit the following links one by one:

Also, I'd like to let you know only Google Chrome or Edge are officially recommended browsers as of today.

Please let me know which of the links above you can successfully log into?

Disclaimer:

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. I'm an Independent Advisor & fellow MS forum users just like you, who are trying to help other users with their issues. I'm Non-Microsoft Staff.

Kind Regards

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T07:52:00+00:00

    I have the same Issue I get the 4 digit code then it says

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T12:30:16+00:00

    I am having the same problem. I have Microsoft 365. I have downloaded the Teams program. It now starts every time I start my laptop and asks me to log onto Microsoft, then it needs my phone number. I receive the 4 digit code which then fails.

    I do not use either of the web pages being mentioned.

    The whole thing is more than annoying. It gets in the way of things. It is persistently wrong.

    I am not going to create a new email account just for this. I am not going to create a new Microsoft account just for this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T16:20:49+00:00

    I have the same problem as all these people. Is their anybody who can actually help resolve it? I keep getting error messages. The activation codes won't work. I have an account for an organisation I don't even belong to because teams won't let me have a personal account under any circumstances (error messages again). Also, no one can contact me for a meeting on teams? Very strange/frustrating. Definitely a glitch somewhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T16:23:13+00:00

    Couldn't agree more! I need to use this for a job interview, as soon as/if I achieve this aim.... uninstalled due to it being basically useless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments