Unable to login to Teams - That code didn't work. Check the code and try again

Anonymous
2021-06-07T11:54:39+00:00

I am trying to login into Microsoft Teams. I enter email address and password and all is good. It then asks for my mobile number and sends me a txt msg with a 4 digit code. I enter this code and then get the following error: "That code didn't work. Check the code and try again." Obviously I have entered the code correctly. What to do next to get this resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-06-07T12:26:35+00:00

Hi

My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor.

There are different kinds of MS Team free, I'd like to know which kind of MS Team free you are having issues with.

Please visit the following links one by one:

Also, I'd like to let you know only Google Chrome or Edge are officially recommended browsers as of today.

Please let me know which of the links above you can successfully log into?

Disclaimer:

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. I'm an Independent Advisor & fellow MS forum users just like you, who are trying to help other users with their issues. I'm Non-Microsoft Staff.

Kind Regards

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T11:30:41+00:00

    It didn't for me and I have tried this with both the e-mail addresses I have. I have even gone onto the microsoft.com website and amended my phone number to another one and waited 2 days before trying again but no luck - still trying though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T11:12:09+00:00

    Try this:

    Remove the first "0" from phone number, and then enter the code.

    Someone said it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T10:43:27+00:00

    Hi.

    There is definitely a glitch in the program. I'm going to give it a week and see if anything changes.

    Then I'm going to uninstall the app from my mobile and desktop (again) and see if that helps.

    Its very frustrating, especially if you need it for work purposes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T07:32:51+00:00

    Hi when I try

    To use the link for MS teams free it will not load on my app or on a desktop. I cannot sign in once I use my email and password. I have tried resetting password and it still won’t login

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments