Unable to login to Teams - That code didn't work. Check the code and try again

Anonymous
2021-06-07T11:54:39+00:00

I am trying to login into Microsoft Teams. I enter email address and password and all is good. It then asks for my mobile number and sends me a txt msg with a 4 digit code. I enter this code and then get the following error: "That code didn't work. Check the code and try again." Obviously I have entered the code correctly. What to do next to get this resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-06-07T12:26:35+00:00

Hi

My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor.

There are different kinds of MS Team free, I'd like to know which kind of MS Team free you are having issues with.

Please visit the following links one by one:

Also, I'd like to let you know only Google Chrome or Edge are officially recommended browsers as of today.

Please let me know which of the links above you can successfully log into?

Disclaimer:

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. I'm an Independent Advisor & fellow MS forum users just like you, who are trying to help other users with their issues. I'm Non-Microsoft Staff.

Kind Regards

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-20T05:41:16+00:00

    Hello,

    I    having  the    same  issues with  the  code. Did  you  ever  get   it  resolved please?

    Caylin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T11:40:00+00:00

    I'm having exactly the same issue. I have installed (and now uninstalled) the phone app 3 times, I have wasted over 2 hours trying to get the phone app to work but like you - in spite of entering the phone number when nagged for (and NO option to ignore it) getting the code - entering correctly - nagged for password again and after that is accepted getting the same annoying message  wrong code entered - enter again. I enter the correct code and it is rejected. Glad I'm not the only person to be plagued with this glaring bug in Microsoft system (which Microsoft cant be bothered to fix).

    I have totally given up on the phone app version. Looking at reviews its pretty obvious its a very poor app that has a lot of complaints.

    I finally after about 20 attempts manged to get it to work on my laptop so at least I can set up a dummy interview practice session for my daughter to help with a job application. I'll ditch the wretched thing once that purpose is achieved. Its not worth switching from Zoom which is a doddle to use. Teams is simply too much hassle and waste of time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T10:49:59+00:00

    I contacted MS support people yesterday and was advised that even though I have been trying for several days to access teams that I should wait 24 hours after contacting them and then try again - well guess what? I have waited 24 hours and there is absolutely no change whatsoever - I still cannot get on to Teams. Getting the same error messages as before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T10:09:42+00:00

    Advice not useful. I cannot access it because of the same error stopping me getting into Teams. MS would be bettere off giving their own advice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments