Unable to login to Teams - That code didn't work. Check the code and try again

Anonymous
2021-06-07T11:54:39+00:00

I am trying to login into Microsoft Teams. I enter email address and password and all is good. It then asks for my mobile number and sends me a txt msg with a 4 digit code. I enter this code and then get the following error: "That code didn't work. Check the code and try again." Obviously I have entered the code correctly. What to do next to get this resolved?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Sign in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-06-07T12:26:35+00:00

Hi

My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor.

There are different kinds of MS Team free, I'd like to know which kind of MS Team free you are having issues with.

Please visit the following links one by one:

Also, I'd like to let you know only Google Chrome or Edge are officially recommended browsers as of today.

Please let me know which of the links above you can successfully log into?

Disclaimer:

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. I'm an Independent Advisor & fellow MS forum users just like you, who are trying to help other users with their issues. I'm Non-Microsoft Staff.

Kind Regards

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-20T16:21:54+00:00

    I tried that (i.e. not using the initial 0) It refused to accept it as a valid phone number. I put number in including the leading 0 it accepted that - sent code to number- got code in message which it accepted then asked to verify password. Used same one as before (that worked) STILL get the you have input invalid code - back to same old endless treadmill and getting absolutely no-where and wasting endless time and mu opinion of Microsoft and Teams dropping like a stone at every attempt! I just give up,  

    I contrast I used ZOOM this morning  - worked like a dream did everything I needed  no hassle logging in.

    I think the difference is that Zoom is their core and only product so they HAVE to make it work to stay in business. Teams is a cobbled together response to Zoom but is a peripheral product so MS don't have to care about it working or not. Its not their bread and butter.

    I appreciate the help to get this to work but I have totally given up on Teams - just too much unnecessary hassle.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-20T13:34:17+00:00

    I've  done it  thanks  please no more  replies

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-20T13:18:55+00:00

    Try this:

    Remove the first "0" from phone number, and then enter the code.

    Someone said it works.

    This has just worked for me.

    If the people this didn't work for, try again, it may work this time :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-20T05:41:16+00:00

    Hello,

    I    having  the    same  issues with  the  code. Did  you  ever  get   it  resolved please?

    Caylin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments