Keyboard Back and Forward Arrow Keys Not Working in Chat

Anonymous
2021-11-18T19:29:31+00:00

When I am typing in the message/chat window and I want to go back using the arrow keys on my keyboard it doesn't work. The cursor doesn't move at all. I have to use the mouse to move the cursor. I am running Teams on Windows 11 22000.318, Teams version 1.4.00.29469 (64-bit).

On a side note, I have also noticed that typing the three ` no longer puts me into Code Snippet mode.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-03-25T16:18:43+00:00

    Agreed with all the others here, Arrow keys cease to function on MSFT Teams Chat however seem to function in all other applications.

    This occurs intermittingly, I've attempted to toggle scroll lock, unplug/plug-in peripherals, and close all other applications besides Teams.

    Shy of performing any workarounds, the only temporary fixes I've found are either quitting and launching Teams Client, or restarting the computer.

    Issue has been present and identified by others since December 2021.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-21T15:39:09+00:00

    I get the same very frustrating intermittent problem. If I CTRL allow then Teams chat will just a word at a time. Teams is the problem here. Some memory leak or perhaps its the auto-complete or something.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-05T08:29:29+00:00

    This is still an issue in May 2022. "Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.9163 (64-bit). It was last updated on 21.04.2022.".

    Are there any plans to support this feature?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-05-10T17:37:26+00:00

    05/10 Moving the caret with arrow keys is broken unless using ctrl or shift modifiers.
    Extra info: ctrl + arrow keys, shift + arrow keys do work skipping whole words or selecting individual words

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-13T13:06:21+00:00

    I have the same problem. Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.9163 (64-bit). Arrow keys do not function while typing a message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments