Keyboard Back and Forward Arrow Keys Not Working in Chat

Anonymous
2021-11-18T19:29:31+00:00

When I am typing in the message/chat window and I want to go back using the arrow keys on my keyboard it doesn't work. The cursor doesn't move at all. I have to use the mouse to move the cursor. I am running Teams on Windows 11 22000.318, Teams version 1.4.00.29469 (64-bit).

On a side note, I have also noticed that typing the three ` no longer puts me into Code Snippet mode.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-18T20:28:31+00:00

    Hi, I'm Sergio, it's a pleasure to help you.

    Please, to isolate the problem, try these items and let me know the results:

    1. Restart the app. What happen?
    2. reboot the computer.What happen?
    3. You ensure that you don't have a screen reader activate in your computer, you can use an audio output devise for it.
    4. Clean the Team cache. What happen?
    5. Maybe be useful to you this Microsoft article about the keyboard shortcut:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/keyb...

    Greetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-22T05:50:58+00:00

    Hi, Eric,

    This is obviously a bug Microsoft introduced into their product and is now reluctant to fix. I've been on the phone with Microsoft Support and all they suggest is restart Teams, restart your computer, clear your cache, clear your browser history. It's Windows 95 all over again with nobody actually looking to fix the issue structurally.

    You can try voting for the issue here, maybe that will help get it onto their agenda: https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/68fec8b3-0b46-ec11-a819-6045bd7aa48b?page=1

    Cheers,

    Frans

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-23T15:51:48+00:00

    I report the same issue. It has started happening just in the last few weeks (not sure whatb update it came from).

    I started troubleshooting keyboard, then the apps (restarting, cache dumoing, etc...), and finally computer resetting.

    It abates for a little while, but then just sets back in again, and make using Teams for work terribly frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-05T17:17:46+00:00

    I can confirm this is a problem. My back and forward arrows routinely stop working in Teams chat. A reboot does fix it, but that is not an answer.

    Why do they stop working after awhile?

    Windows 10 21H2

    Teams 1.4.00.34266 64bit

    Lenovo T14

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T22:53:09+00:00

    As Jan 18, 2022, I can also confirm this has been an ongoing problem I'm experiencing in Teams. Very frustrating. Arrow keys work in other apps so I know its not keyboard related, this is a Teams issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments