Keyboard Back and Forward Arrow Keys Not Working in Chat

Anonymous
2021-11-18T19:29:31+00:00

When I am typing in the message/chat window and I want to go back using the arrow keys on my keyboard it doesn't work. The cursor doesn't move at all. I have to use the mouse to move the cursor. I am running Teams on Windows 11 22000.318, Teams version 1.4.00.29469 (64-bit).

On a side note, I have also noticed that typing the three ` no longer puts me into Code Snippet mode.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-07T17:11:57+00:00

    Simple interactions, such as editing typos, missed contractions and spellings errors is frustrating.

    I really struggle to see how this problem is still with us.

    How is their premier collaboration and communication client if you can't navigate your written words?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-07T12:15:39+00:00

    I wonder if the fact that this issue has survived so many updates and has persisted for so long is somehow evidence that Microsoft doesn't actually use Teams for their own internal chat? How would the developers cope with this kind of bug? Don't most or all developers, as power users, use arrow keys to navigate code to prevent having to stop, find the mouse, find the mouse cursor, select the correct location very carefully, and then find the home-row keys again? I think this might be evidence of that. Just a thought.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-07T08:28:52+00:00

    This bug is several months old and terribly annoying. Ok, there are workarounds... however using the arrows is such a simple thing every user is familiar with that this bug is unacceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-03T19:39:29+00:00

    It's a totally embarrassing bug for MS.

    Your Team communication app can't use the keyboard properly when every other app, including MS apps, works just fine with the keyboard in the moment.

    Teams is just a slow, somewhat unresponsive, client that needs to be re-written.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-03T18:44:15+00:00

    Hello!

    This has been an ongoing issue for me for the last year. Almost every person in my office has reported the same issues. I first started noticing this bug in July of 2021. I have used multiple computers since then and I have still ran into this issue. Restarting the app/computer will fix temporarily.

    This is something that needs to be addressed as it is very annoying to not be able to do all my typing and formatting with the keyboard.

    Thanks,

    Jayden

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments