Keyboard Back and Forward Arrow Keys Not Working in Chat

Anonymous
2021-11-18T19:29:31+00:00

When I am typing in the message/chat window and I want to go back using the arrow keys on my keyboard it doesn't work. The cursor doesn't move at all. I have to use the mouse to move the cursor. I am running Teams on Windows 11 22000.318, Teams version 1.4.00.29469 (64-bit).

On a side note, I have also noticed that typing the three ` no longer puts me into Code Snippet mode.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-23T16:17:59+00:00

    Have been experiencing this same bug since march

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-22T17:13:40+00:00

    I think the most productive thing we can do to get this fixed is to figure out what causes the arrow keys to stop working. I thought it was when I used (Ctrl or Shift) + (left or right), but I am mistaken. I'll keep my eyes open. If I catch it, I'll post here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-21T08:34:31+00:00

    This issue is so annoying. Ctrl ← and Ctrl → works but not ← nor → keys in chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-20T12:45:12+00:00

    Same here with arrow keys. Backspace usually works, navigation keys work intermittently. It is really frustrating not to be able to go back to correct a typo. Please do not ignore this and fix this issue in editor. It is most certainly error in text editor code that handles navigation keys.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-17T14:31:55+00:00

    I have this issue happen all the time. I cannot always close the app because I have a lot of meetings and conversations going on. This post started Nov 2021, It is June 2022 and the issue still occurs. It is pretty consistent. I would expect that programming the arrow keys to move back and forth in text would be simple compared to the rest of the design. It gets frustrating to have to reclose Teams every day (not just close the window) just so that a simple function like this will work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments