Keyboard Back and Forward Arrow Keys Not Working in Chat

Anonymous
2021-11-18T19:29:31+00:00

When I am typing in the message/chat window and I want to go back using the arrow keys on my keyboard it doesn't work. The cursor doesn't move at all. I have to use the mouse to move the cursor. I am running Teams on Windows 11 22000.318, Teams version 1.4.00.29469 (64-bit).

On a side note, I have also noticed that typing the three ` no longer puts me into Code Snippet mode.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-03T18:44:15+00:00

    Hello!

    This has been an ongoing issue for me for the last year. Almost every person in my office has reported the same issues. I first started noticing this bug in July of 2021. I have used multiple computers since then and I have still ran into this issue. Restarting the app/computer will fix temporarily.

    This is something that needs to be addressed as it is very annoying to not be able to do all my typing and formatting with the keyboard.

    Thanks,

    Jayden

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-02T14:31:55+00:00

    I am running version 1.5.00.11163 (64-bit). It was last updated on 5/10/2022. I also have this issue - arrow keys not working to navigate my message text in Teams chat. This is the only place I've noticed this issue.

    Also, weirdly enough, I can use the up/down arrows, just not left/right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-27T00:57:57+00:00

    For what it's worth, terminating Teams by closing the app window did nothing, (as I think others have reported.) In Task Manager, there was a group of processes under the Apps category, and the problem was ultimately solved by terminating that group.

    What may be useful, however, is the observation that, before I deleted that group, I found a lengthy list of Teams processes, most of which were labeled Teams (32-bit) and I'm sorry I didn't keep more accurate notes about this as I was thrashing at the time. I can say that the problem wasn't solved by deleting those extra processes. It continued until after all Teams processes were terminated and Teams restarted.

    I should also add that I'm using Remote Desktop a lot, getting on my desktop machine via VPN from home and from conference rooms around my office. When I log into the conference room machines, they automatically launch Teams, so I have Teams running simultaneously on at least two machines at one time, one of which is displaying the other in Remote Desktop.

    I'm hoping this last observation creates a possible repro case for Teams developers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-13T13:06:21+00:00

    I have the same problem. Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.9163 (64-bit). Arrow keys do not function while typing a message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments