Keyboard Back and Forward Arrow Keys Not Working in Chat

Anonymous
2021-11-18T19:29:31+00:00

When I am typing in the message/chat window and I want to go back using the arrow keys on my keyboard it doesn't work. The cursor doesn't move at all. I have to use the mouse to move the cursor. I am running Teams on Windows 11 22000.318, Teams version 1.4.00.29469 (64-bit).

On a side note, I have also noticed that typing the three ` no longer puts me into Code Snippet mode.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-08T15:12:19+00:00

    I am having this issue as well.

    • Left and right arrows in Teams chat do not function as normal.
    • Left and right arrows in other applications function normally.
    • <ctrl>left arrow and <ctrl> right arrow (word by word) functions as normal in Teams chat.

    Definitely seems like a bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-07T16:32:48+00:00

    Same here, the problem started last week and has been permanent since.

    Microsoft Teams Version 1.4.00.35564 (32-bit). It was last updated on 03/02/2022.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-18T20:28:31+00:00

    Hi, I'm Sergio, it's a pleasure to help you.

    Please, to isolate the problem, try these items and let me know the results:

    1. Restart the app. What happen?
    2. reboot the computer.What happen?
    3. You ensure that you don't have a screen reader activate in your computer, you can use an audio output devise for it.
    4. Clean the Team cache. What happen?
    5. Maybe be useful to you this Microsoft article about the keyboard shortcut:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/keyb...

    Greetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-24T15:58:13+00:00

    While Microsoft are fixing this obvious failing, how about also fixing Teams's dark mode so that black text pasted on to the black background doesn't remain black (and all-but invisible), or alternatively providing a right-click menu 'paste' option that strips all formatting, as in Word etc?

    Too much time and effort implementing inane stickers as if we're all 12 years old, and not concentrating on the core functionality, methinks...

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-08T17:03:34+00:00

    I talked to M$ support about this a few months back (yes, that's how long this bug has been in Teams already). They wouldn't do anything to help, just insisted that I restart, clear cache, reinstall Teams, upgrade to the latest version of my OS, anything to give them an excuse not to actually fix the bug. They are completely useless and Teams is such a trainwreck of a product.

    Since a month or two, I also can't make bulleted lists anymore in a Teams message. The first bullet is fine, but if I press Shift+Enter, the next line doesn't have a new bullet, and if I press Enter, it sends the message. No way to start a second bullet!

    This is on top of notifications being broken on Teams for Mac (no red dot on your Teams Dock icon when somebody sends you a message, so I miss tons of messages as do my colleagues).

    Then if you try to sign up for Teams (which sane people outside your company that don't use Teams will need to do to join your Teams calls), it doesn't let you use a plus e-mail address (e.g. ******@gmail.com) but if you try and put in an existing e-mail address it just tells you it already exists but doesn't give you a password reset option.

    Compare this to how easy it is to set up a Google Meet call and share the link with people.

    Sorry for the rant, I'm just SO frustrated by Microsoft's complete FU in the face of its paying clients.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments