Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
I've got a theory, one I hope someone from Microsoft can confirm or deny:
The external presenters we brought into Teams Live Events both not only had the Teams app, but used Teams regularly in their organizations. I tried to set up a test event yesterday with someone who downloaded the app, but was outside our organization, and they were unable to get in. They got "You need permission to join this live event. Please contact the organizer."
So my theory is that an external presenter (or producer, which I have tried to do, too) not only has to have the Teams app, but has to be covered under someone's license and can't just be a random person who happens to download Teams outside of the Microsoft 365 platform. (My organization has everybody on 365 and makes Teams available that way, easy peasy, but people outside whose organizations don't
- or who don't have an organization - might be precluded.)
Hopefully someone can Microsoft can confirm or clarify and maybe suggest a solution?