Microsoft Teams Says There's No Connection - There Is

Anonymous
2020-04-14T15:41:31+00:00

I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

There is also an error message: 

"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T15:54:58+00:00

    Have new ipad pro. It shows connection to internet via home router wheni try to connect to Teams or Skype for `business it shows no internet connection. I haveto revert to old ipad, on same router and it workd perfectly. Ideas please

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-22T09:43:21+00:00

    I have been plagued by the same issue. Web client works ok by App does not on Windows 10.

    Using restart option from app has no effect however closing the app and making sure the task actually stops in task manager then restarting the app manually seems to solve the issue. The odd thing is after this restart I am immediately signed into teams with he account which had failed to connect previously.

    A contributing factor for me could be the fact that I routinely use 2 diffferent Teams accounts usually switching between the 2 but sometimes running the 2 simultaneously with the second account open as a web app in an incognito browser window.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-15T07:36:31+00:00

    I suggest to clear your Teams desktop app cache and this will then reset login for desktop app - You're welcome! :)

    1. Sign out on Teams > Quit Microsoft Teams by right clicking the icon and select Quit.
    2. On your keyboard, Hold Windows key and Press R
    3. Cut and paste %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams in the RUN then OK.
    4. Delete the contents of the entire folder.
    5. Restart Microsoft Teams > Sign In.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-25T00:13:17+00:00

    Hi Shawn,

    I work in a similar environment and although it is not every user that is experiencing the issue I would like to find a way to resolve it for those that are.
    Did you ever bring any light into the situation with some sort of resolution ?

    Thank you,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-21T19:39:06+00:00

    Issue:   teams login issue, 
    Error/Popup Message: we can't connect to internet. Try checking your connection

    This might help

    If the same issue occurred in Teams client app, clear Teams cached by follow the below steps :

    • Fully exit the Microsoft Teams desktop client. To do this, either right click Teams from the Icon Tray and select ‘Quit’, or run Task Manager and fully kill the process.
    • Go to run, delete any of the files in the following locations:
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\databases
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\cache
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\gpucache
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Indexeddb
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\tmp
    • %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache
    • %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies
    • %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data
    • Go to IE option and remove the following two caches:
    • Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files
    • Internet Explorer Cookies

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments