Microsoft Teams Says There's No Connection - There Is

Anonymous
2020-04-14T15:41:31+00:00

I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

There is also an error message: 

"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Reza-Ameri 45,896 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2020-04-14T17:31:34+00:00

    Try access Microsoft Teams through web and check if you are facing the same issue?

    Take a look at:

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/connectivity-issues 

    Try sign out and sign in to Microsoft Teams client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-15T02:52:38+00:00

    Hi J,

    Thank you for the post.

    To isolate this issue, we would like you to first log in at the http://teams.microsoft.com/ to see if you can access it.

    You may also attempt to test if you disable windows Firewall:

    1. Click onStart and select Settings.
    2. Click on Update and Security.
    3. From the left pane click on “Windows Security”.
    4. Open the “Firewall and Network Protection” option.
    5. Click on your currently active network.
    6. Toggle the switch to turn off the Firewall.

    If you still cannot access through the website Teams, please let me know, we will further investigate it if it is the service issue.

    In addition, disable the third party antivirus may also help.

    Kind Regards,

    George

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-15T12:44:03+00:00

    I can get in online. That is a great start! Thank you. If nothing else, I can work with that.

    However, in the App, after I turned off the Firewall in my Domain and Private Network settings (not Public) I still get the same error saying "we couldn't connect to the internet."

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-16T06:35:00+00:00

    Hi J.Kap,

    I'm sorry I can't get any lights to you in term of the fire wall things and any proxy setting due to we don't have adequate knowledge for it. We suggest you could try to change network environment and see how it works. Besides, if you still have any questions, welcome to ask me.

    Stay health and appreciate it.

    Kind Regards,

    George

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-21T10:53:30+00:00

    I have the same issue. I am on a MacBook Pro, running Teams desktop app. I can't tell you what version because the "About Microsoft Teams" doesn't work. Your developers should be reprimanded for poor work. But I believe it to be the current version. 

    I am writing this on the same laptop. Clearly I don't have a network issue. The firewall is OFF, and has been off the whole time. I have NO connectivity issues with anything else. The app used to work until a recent "upgrade". The text says to try "signing out" and back in. The link does not work. The Restart button does, sort of, but it doesn't solve the problem.

    And yes, I can access Teams via a web browser (Edge).

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments