Microsoft Teams Says There's No Connection - There Is

Anonymous
2020-04-14T15:41:31+00:00

I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

There is also an error message: 

"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T18:56:39+00:00

    Same problem. Super irritating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-25T13:22:53+00:00

    I tried that and this:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-teams-couldnt-connect-to-the-internet/7fd040c6-6ec2-4dc7-9c93-4e103b57fbf6

    Problem persists. I use a 2 year old Lenovo yoga on Windows 10.

    Teams worked the first few times I logged in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-21T09:52:45+00:00

    Same issue on a brand new iMac, I'm working from home and my boss keeps thinking I'm away from my desk as it works for a bit then if left disconnects. I have no issues with internet but says no connection. And yes I can use in the web browser, but as I open and close browser windows a lot this is not ideal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-04T21:50:33+00:00

    I had this issue this morning as well. I could get to teams .microsoft.com from firefox but not from the Teams client. Tried with Edge - also failed. Problem for me was the the System Proxy settings were messed up. Firefox uses it's own proxy settings so was fine. Edge and Chrome both use system proxy so were borked. Reset those settings and now it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments