Microsoft Teams Says There's No Connection - There Is

Anonymous
2020-04-14T15:41:31+00:00

I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

There is also an error message: 

"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-09T14:19:58+00:00

    I had the same issue. 

    Somehow when logging in Teams asked for my email address, then the next step, which usually is to fill in the password, was skipped and immediatley the error showed up about not being able to connect.

    How I solved it:

    • Quit Teams,
    • Log in with other valid credentials from a different organisation. Wait for app to completely load
    • Then log out from those credentials, it will ask for the password after filling in the email address.
    • Try the proper credentials, and voila! Worked for me!

    So somehow the session got stuck and logging in with another email account flushed those settings after which I could normally log in.

    Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T16:08:02+00:00

    I had a similar issue and was able to fix by going to the task manager, closing all Teams processes, and restarting the Teams app.  Hope this helps a few other people who have this issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-17T03:25:42+00:00

    Same problem. Not able to fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-11T21:32:53+00:00

    Hi George,

    Thanks for the above link to Teams online,. I can get to Teams online but my app is still saying No internet. Emergency calls are not supported. Reconnect to keep the conversation going.

    Do you know how to fix the app as this is how our entire workplace calls us and the calls can't get through.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-11T01:53:26+00:00

    I was using Microsoft teams but suddenly it began to show that "there is a network issue plz try again"

    I tried again and again. Then i uninstalled this app and reinstall it but now it is not signing in. 

    I don't know what to do. Plz help

    Request Id: 27a8e831-e749-4f8c-943e-82490a081900

    Correlation Id: 0abafe61-c723-4f4a-9b5e-110942bd46e3

    Timestamp: 2020-08-11T01:56:47Z

    Message: AADSTS900561: The endpoint only accepts POST requests. Received a GET request.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments