Microsoft Teams Says There's No Connection - There Is

Anonymous
2020-04-14T15:41:31+00:00

I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

There is also an error message: 

"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-30T10:29:05+00:00

    I have tried two seperate computer now and both show same issue - cannot connect to the internet.  This is complete rubbish. Nothing else has an issue connecting...Skype, Zoom, Webex all working OK.  Tried loads of things. Nothing works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-30T08:00:30+00:00

    It is not letting me in it says the code conection is wrong

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-28T14:18:51+00:00

    Same issue affecting one user here, MacOS.  Came back up after several minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-27T22:41:10+00:00

    I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

    However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

    There is also an error message: 

    "desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

    Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

    Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

    I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

    Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

    hi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-27T22:36:28+00:00

    I have the same issue since yesterday on Windows 10.  Tried everything everyone else suggested and nothing works.  No, I can't even access the online portal.  Edge, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Brave, all browsers are unable to access the web portal.  

    I have had nothing but problems with Teams since we installed it a few months back.  It is obviously a flawed product but my boss always tells me that he expects me to have it running correctly.  He never has problems so it must be me, NOT!

    I know that this will fall on deaf ears but PLEASE!  MICROSOFT!  FIX THIS PRODUCT!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments