Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
same trouble for me here do u know how to slove
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.
However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."
There is also an error message:
"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298
Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts
Failed to connect to settings endpoint."
I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.
Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
same trouble for me here do u know how to slove
I have this same problem on one of my computers but not the other and have not been able to figure it out. If you try it on a different computer and it works, the problem resides with the computer, not with microsoft. I urge everyone to try it on a different computer to see if you are still having the issue. If there is some sort of patch to fix this issue on my one computer I would like to know.
I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.
However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."
There is also an error message:
"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298
Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts
Failed to connect to settings endpoint."
I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.
Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.
I have been experiencing the same problem for as long as I have been using MS Teams for our classes, indeed since the summer. I have read and tested all the solutions suggested here but I assume none worked for me instantly. Although the problem is solved for some unknown reasons after some time, I was not sure about which solution worked for me since the same problem repeats whenever I shut down my Mac running Mac OS Catalina and restart it.
However it might sound funny, but when I keep my Mac awake (I am using caffeine not to sleep my Mac) for a night, I noticed that MS Teams is somehow connecting to the Internet and the app runs properly. As said before, none of the solutions suggested above worked for me instanly, but keeping my Mac awake for say 4 hours or the night helped me with my reconnection issue. Afterwards, even if the computer screen is turned off, but if it is now shut down, MS Teams app still keeps running. If the app is in conflict with another app, it stops this conflict after some hours based on my assumption or something else.
Anyways, hope this helps with someone else as it did to me. Now, I am upgrading my Mac to Big Sur, hope I will not have this problem any longer since it is nerve-racking. Nonetheless, I think this is a shame for Microsoft, and hope they are going to fix this problem soon!!
Thank you for the reply. However, this is happening to almost 300 users. We may have found a solution, which I will post as soon as it is tested out.
Try closing all teams, and then going into task manager and closing all teams tasks. then restart teams, that worked for me.