Microsoft Teams Says There's No Connection - There Is

Anonymous
2020-04-14T15:41:31+00:00

I have an internet connection on my laptop. I can access my email, web pages, and this site.

However, when I click on Microsoft Teams it says "We couldn't connect to the internet. Try checking your connect."

There is also an error message: 

"desktop-0d71a186-8118-4720-b394-b0098d0c8298

Error code - online_check_failed exceeded retry attempts

Failed to connect to settings endpoint."

I have tried troubleshooting and added Teams to my firewall (per other directions). When I first installed it, it did ask for my logon. I had to get a new one from my office. Now I cannot get back to that page at all.

Any suggestions for getting Teams to start when I clearly have internet access.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T10:28:45+00:00

    I've only been using Teams for a week, with no problems, but today, nothing. Really frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T05:21:44+00:00

    thanks u sir for your answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T05:18:19+00:00

    same trouble for me here do u know how to slove

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-18T14:22:49+00:00

    I have this same problem on one of my computers but not the other and have not been able to figure it out.  If you try it on a different computer and it works, the problem resides with the computer, not with microsoft.  I urge everyone to try it on a different computer to see if you are still having the issue.  If there is some sort of patch to fix this issue on my one computer I would like to know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-06T21:28:41+00:00

    Thank you for the reply.  However, this is happening to almost 300 users.  We may have found a solution, which I will post as soon as it is tested out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments