MS Teams - Finding out who removed a participant from a meeting call

Anonymous
2020-03-23T13:04:06+00:00

Title pretty much explains what I want to do. Some people, including myself, were kicked from a call and we want to find out who did. I searched for a while but couldn't find out how to do it so now I am here. Maybe I missed something.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for education | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-24T02:23:10+00:00

Hi Kerim,

Thank you for post and the request.

For this issue, in teams meeting, other participants can remove or mute other members if they are willing to. Except for the meeting organizer, you can't remove the organizer.

We are sorry current there is no setting and configuration to set permission for the participant who allowed to remove participants or doing kind of things. We recommend you could post your requests or any related topics at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/ and post your concern. We believe the request will be notified by the related teams and hope this new features will coming soon. 

We understand such issue for sure bring inconvenience to you and hope you could understand it, appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

George

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-10T04:04:31+00:00

    I have a same problem too. When i am studying, someone just kick me out. A lot of time, my friends are being kick too. I can't track who is kicking other.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-09T09:28:56+00:00

    Same issue in my school where students are kicking out teachers and other students. The meeting invite after being set up does allows you to change the role of the participants in Meeting Options.

    According to this article - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/roles-in-a-teams-meeting-c16fa7d0-1666-4dde-8686-0a0bfe16e019 if I make the teacher a presenter all the students should automatically turn into attendees and they should not be able to kick out other participants or mute others. However, they still are able to.

    This seems to be a bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-06T05:40:43+00:00

    That is the theory. I set this up every time, but students are still muting each other and kicking each other off. All this does is stops them muting me or kicking me off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-31T02:08:03+00:00

    Here you go, this is how to change all of your students to an attendee which will prevent them from kicking out the other students:

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wzRCkpuUHhk76jdKliGmVfA4BCN19M6rIDSSNsobTkI/edit?usp=sharing

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments