MS Teams - Finding out who removed a participant from a meeting call

Anonymous
2020-03-23T13:04:06+00:00

Title pretty much explains what I want to do. Some people, including myself, were kicked from a call and we want to find out who did. I searched for a while but couldn't find out how to do it so now I am here. Maybe I missed something.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for education | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-24T02:23:10+00:00

Hi Kerim,

Thank you for post and the request.

For this issue, in teams meeting, other participants can remove or mute other members if they are willing to. Except for the meeting organizer, you can't remove the organizer.

We are sorry current there is no setting and configuration to set permission for the participant who allowed to remove participants or doing kind of things. We recommend you could post your requests or any related topics at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/ and post your concern. We believe the request will be notified by the related teams and hope this new features will coming soon. 

We understand such issue for sure bring inconvenience to you and hope you could understand it, appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

George

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-06T23:46:04+00:00

    Title pretty much explains what I want to do. Some people, including myself, were kicked from a call and we want to find out who did. I searched for a while but couldn't find out how to do it so now I am here. Maybe I missed something.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-20T11:22:50+00:00

    I have a related problem, I'm a student and was attending a class as an Attendee, a classmate of mine was removed from the meeting and his phone screen showed my photo along with the message "Someone removed you". Now everybody blames me for removing him, even though I didn't. 

    Why did that happen?

    its actually displaying participants random it is not about kickingit happens even when ou are pushed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-08T14:45:40+00:00

    Hi George, 

    Has this problem been solved from your end? I teach my students online and they keep on kicking each other out of the lesson... I don't quite understand how it is possible that you can remove people from a meeting without the organizer being able to check who did it. 

    Can you please report this error to the Teams development team? 

    Kind regards, 

    Laurien Leus, exhausted teacher :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-25T16:40:43+00:00

    Please, let us known when this new features will come, specifically for school and students.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments