Microsoft Teams - Error "We can't access your content. Please refresh to try again."

Anonymous
2020-03-31T05:33:14+00:00

Hi,

While working on Teams Web and desktop application , I am getting error "We can't access your content. Please refresh to try again." while using chat and calls on Teams . This issue has started since yesterday., where I cant send or see or receive my chats

I performed the following steps :  

  1. Sign out of my account from browser and then clear browser cache. 
  2. Log out of my account from Teams desktop too.
  3. Then sign in to my account from browser to check again if the error still pops up.
  4. Uninstall and Install the app again

On mobile app, I can only view the chat and cannot send messages.

Kindly assist.

Thanks,

Harshada J

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-13T08:28:48+00:00

    Same problem, on Mac OS Big Sur 11.1, issue doesnt appear to have been 'caused' by any activity of mine, was working fine last week - booted up today, no updates, no changes, and I get the cannot access content error, works fine on the mobile and so has to be device related.

    Thank you to the last few posters on here because, I had changed my status manually, I had quit and force quit the client but I hadnt manually signed out of the client.

    Daft as it sounds, logging out the client quits Teams and then on re-initialisation, forces an MFA sync - which lets you back in and loads up your history

    Worked a treat and so I'm guessing its a stale auth token in the profile or something given I changed my password 2-3 weeks ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-14T13:56:03+00:00

    Hi, I had same issue today and I solved like this;

    First, I signed out.

    Then, right click to icon (at bottom right) and My Status -> Reset Status

    Finally, re-opened MS Teams and re-login.

    It works for me. I guess it helps.

    Sincerely,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-23T21:10:34+00:00

    Hi Harshada,

    I had the same situation happening.

    I noticed that I had run out of space (apparently MSTeams was trying to do an update and ran out of space in c: drive).

    I had to remove an application to regain space.

    Then I had to quit MSTeams (as it was in the previous unstable state).

    Rinning MSTeams again, I notices it was staying for long time on "Loading Mictosoft Teams...".

    After a while gave up and said 'try again' or 'sign out and sign in again'.

    The first approach didn't do much. I tied the second which worked.

    Thanks,

    Arben Tapia

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments