Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-27T16:28:54+00:00

    This is baffling to me why this has been a known problem for over a year, and the issue is still not resolved. "Someone in the meeting should let you in soon" - I basically can't schedule any meetings of my own anymore because I can never start them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T14:19:21+00:00

    Fully agree. Teams login processes remain awful if you have multiple accounts. It's inconsistent between browser and native app, some accounts don't get listed, you cannot start your own meetings, the list goes on. One cannot trust Microsoft Teams when having a conference call. I have to say Zoom is so much slicker and easier. I fear this is yet another example fo Microsoft "bloatware"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T14:37:06+00:00

    Do you have two accounts? Are you scheduling your meetings through the Outlook add-in? If the answer is yes to either question, then that may be the problem. I originated the question in the forum some time ago, and at least for my purposes I no longer have this issue. I have made a significant change in how I create my meetings. My suggestion is: Do not use Outlook to create meetings. I have had no difficulty since I started creating the meetings in the Teams app instead of in Outlook. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T14:39:34+00:00

    If you are creating meetings in Outlook, that may be the issue. I posted the problem last year. Since then, I have discovered that if I create the meeting through the Teams app (using the relevant account) rather than Outlook and if I join the meeting through the Teams calendar, I have no problems. The Teams calendar still syncs with Outlook so I can manage a single calendar. I just have to use the Teams tool for creating and attending Teams meetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T15:48:30+00:00

    For some time I have used Laura1850's approach of creating meetings in Teams, and it's worked fine. The sadness is that there are some Outlook tools and add-ins that are useful for creating and managing meetings.

    While I haven't done extensive tests, it appears that once created the meeting can be edited in Outlook and still allow one to join the meeting cleanly. I have only tried this a couple of times, but I can schedule a meeting for myself in Teams. I can then add others, or otherwise, edit the email and enter from Outlook.

    I've done only very limited testing on this, but would like to hear from others.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments