Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-03T07:40:19+00:00

    I tried scheduling the meeting from within Teams on Windows, but still I was not let into my own meeting. I tried logging out/in with my two different Teams accounts, but no success. Its a MAJOR problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T17:06:58+00:00

    Same exact problem here, so frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T17:23:25+00:00

    This response from Microsoft does not even make sense in English sentences?

    I do not even understand what you are suggesting - except private message me so we don't admit this in public

    Come on MSN you can surely admit this is an issue and suggest a solution. I'm not sure why Mr Nielsen is so keen to help but you are not. I'm soooooo annoyed and embarassed by this issue - my client thinks I don't know how to use Teams or a computer - you are harming my professional service - and I just may well have to migrate to Zoom unless you own up to the issue.

    Useless

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T17:25:58+00:00

    There is clearly an issue when you have two email accounts/ two Teams accounts

    I often find that meetings scheduled are allocated to the wrong account - so I cannot let myself in to my own Teams meeting because it is waiting for the other account to let me in.

    I can prove this to you by letting myself in on my iphone - because I can toggle between Teams accounts to do this (muted or the noise is awful from feedback)

    Please can someone from MSN tell us what the solution is - or at least admit you are working on it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T18:21:21+00:00

    Until MSN integrates Outlook and Teams, I can join my Teams meeting only if I create the meeting through the Teams app. From my experience, I have concluded that a Teams meeting cannot be scheduled through Outlook even though there is a Teams Meeting button on the Outlook ribbon. Create and join your Teams meetings through the Teams app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments