Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T14:03:50+00:00

    I am a student and I'm always getting kicked out of teams and it is SOOOOOOOO annoying. And to make things worse, It always says someone in the meeting will let you in soon. I CAN'T DO THIRD GRADE LIKE THIS!! Please remove it so I can rejoin easily and not be tardy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T14:05:43+00:00

    And it always says no one in the meeting let you in or something similar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T15:14:30+00:00

    The best fix I have found is to set up or view calls from the calendar of the Teams App rather than Outlook, then open from the Teams Calendar rather than from Outlook. That seems to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T15:22:45+00:00

    Agreed.  I've redone my meetings that way until I hear from Microsoft that it's fixed.  Has worked perfectly doing so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-25T13:51:58+00:00

    Just had had a regional FC for a client call in having this issue. It was for a meeting with the group owner's son (100,000+ employees globally). Goes down really well when you have to tell them Microsoft have known about this bug since 2019 according to the posts I'm reading, it still isn't resolved, and we're most of the way through a Teams rollout we recommended.

    Are we really meant to tell senior execs to not use Outlook anymore to plan meetings from their calendars, when many have been been doing so for 15+ years? And to log into the Teams Web GUI as a workaround? "Please plan some meetings in outlook, but can you do the Teams calls meetings invite from Teams?"

    This should be number 1 in list of bugs to fix, when it is part of the most commonly used core functionality that Teams & Outlook are meant to provide together.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments