Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-30T14:20:29+00:00

    There is a sycronisation problem at the moment from outlook to teams. You need to book your teams meeting directly in teams and not in outlook, then it will work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-30T14:24:39+00:00

    The reason was that the profile is not synchronising correctly in outlook if the meeting was booked in teams it would work.

    Do not book meetings in teams until Microsoft solves the sync issue, teams does work with this solution and you will not get the error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-30T14:36:43+00:00

    No, not good enough. Teams doesn’t work “just fine”, I want to book my meetings and manage my calendar exclusively out of Outlook. I cant do this. 

    Outlook and Teams are both Microsoft apps, they should be able to sync with other. Zoom can. 

    I’m done with Teams, for good. They had their chance to provide the user experience I was looking for and have failed. I now use Zoom and I’m extremely happy with it. I recommend that everyone switches to Zoom too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-31T04:52:41+00:00

    I understand your frustration and the many 1000 posts on this issue. As a Microsoft Alumni, I have located the problem, as I also could replicate it and I have requested that the product team finds a solution, as it should be critical to Microsoft to have outlook and teams functioning seamlessly.

    A workaround is a part-time solution, which you did not have before, and until the team fixes this you can still use teams without error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-10T08:17:11+00:00

    I have the same issue, it's frustrating not to be able to get into a meeting *I* set up to test this issue. 

    I have no idea how to switch accounts to host a meeting and there is no prompt pn screen to even assist.

    This is extremely annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments