Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-20T00:22:51+00:00

    Hi Kevin did you setup the teams meetiing in the teams App? 

    You have to setup the meeting in the teams app and not in outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-20T00:21:51+00:00

    Josephine did you setup the teams meetiing in the App? 

    You have to setup the meeting on the app and not in outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-19T23:34:36+00:00

    Same issue.  I hope there is a good notice when this is fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-10T08:17:11+00:00

    I have the same issue, it's frustrating not to be able to get into a meeting *I* set up to test this issue. 

    I have no idea how to switch accounts to host a meeting and there is no prompt pn screen to even assist.

    This is extremely annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-31T04:52:41+00:00

    I understand your frustration and the many 1000 posts on this issue. As a Microsoft Alumni, I have located the problem, as I also could replicate it and I have requested that the product team finds a solution, as it should be critical to Microsoft to have outlook and teams functioning seamlessly.

    A workaround is a part-time solution, which you did not have before, and until the team fixes this you can still use teams without error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments