Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T15:14:30+00:00

    The best fix I have found is to set up or view calls from the calendar of the Teams App rather than Outlook, then open from the Teams Calendar rather than from Outlook. That seems to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T14:05:43+00:00

    And it always says no one in the meeting let you in or something similar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T14:03:50+00:00

    I am a student and I'm always getting kicked out of teams and it is SOOOOOOOO annoying. And to make things worse, It always says someone in the meeting will let you in soon. I CAN'T DO THIRD GRADE LIKE THIS!! Please remove it so I can rejoin easily and not be tardy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-18T14:07:53+00:00

    I have just had the same issue and couldn't work out what I was doing wrong.  The meeting I had set up would not allow me to join and no one else could join as I was the host!  Now I know that I am not the problem, that helps, but it is a real pain when I have meetings to attend as a school governor under a different Microsoft account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-17T16:24:43+00:00

    Thanks Andreas, your answer gave me the idea to directly create the meeting in Teams instead and that does the trick for now as a workaround. Hope the underlying issue is fixed fast because this is absolutely annoying. As a consultant, business owner and student I am currently at 5 pro accounts and counting. It is really annoying I cannot confidently manage my meetings in Outlook any more as I've done for many years.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments