Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T17:23:25+00:00

    This response from Microsoft does not even make sense in English sentences?

    I do not even understand what you are suggesting - except private message me so we don't admit this in public

    Come on MSN you can surely admit this is an issue and suggest a solution. I'm not sure why Mr Nielsen is so keen to help but you are not. I'm soooooo annoyed and embarassed by this issue - my client thinks I don't know how to use Teams or a computer - you are harming my professional service - and I just may well have to migrate to Zoom unless you own up to the issue.

    Useless

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T17:06:58+00:00

    Same exact problem here, so frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-03T07:40:19+00:00

    I tried scheduling the meeting from within Teams on Windows, but still I was not let into my own meeting. I tried logging out/in with my two different Teams accounts, but no success. Its a MAJOR problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-25T13:51:58+00:00

    Just had had a regional FC for a client call in having this issue. It was for a meeting with the group owner's son (100,000+ employees globally). Goes down really well when you have to tell them Microsoft have known about this bug since 2019 according to the posts I'm reading, it still isn't resolved, and we're most of the way through a Teams rollout we recommended.

    Are we really meant to tell senior execs to not use Outlook anymore to plan meetings from their calendars, when many have been been doing so for 15+ years? And to log into the Teams Web GUI as a workaround? "Please plan some meetings in outlook, but can you do the Teams calls meetings invite from Teams?"

    This should be number 1 in list of bugs to fix, when it is part of the most commonly used core functionality that Teams & Outlook are meant to provide together.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T15:22:45+00:00

    Agreed.  I've redone my meetings that way until I hear from Microsoft that it's fixed.  Has worked perfectly doing so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments