Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-02T20:49:06+00:00

    Same issue.

    Have used GoToMeeting for years.

    Meetings 2 or 3 times a week.

    We are migrating to Teams.  (Corporate mandate).

    Very frustrating.

    The best workaround for this is to book the meetings through Teams and not Outlook. If you have multiple accounts in Outlook, that is what causes the problem. The meeting appears to get booked under the ownership of the default account and if that’s not the same account as the meeting profile then that’s when you can’t get in. It’s a pain .... but that’s the best workaround I’ve found.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-02T17:53:32+00:00

    Same issue.

    Have used GoToMeeting for years.

    Meetings 2 or 3 times a week.

    We are migrating to Teams.  (Corporate mandate).

    Very frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-10T17:51:52+00:00

    what s the point of a teams add on in outook then... they always make things super complicated.... Seriously...it s a pain to work with it compared to otherfile sharing systems. Even add the calendar button is a pain to add and still can't do it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T18:21:21+00:00

    Until MSN integrates Outlook and Teams, I can join my Teams meeting only if I create the meeting through the Teams app. From my experience, I have concluded that a Teams meeting cannot be scheduled through Outlook even though there is a Teams Meeting button on the Outlook ribbon. Create and join your Teams meetings through the Teams app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T17:25:58+00:00

    There is clearly an issue when you have two email accounts/ two Teams accounts

    I often find that meetings scheduled are allocated to the wrong account - so I cannot let myself in to my own Teams meeting because it is waiting for the other account to let me in.

    I can prove this to you by letting myself in on my iphone - because I can toggle between Teams accounts to do this (muted or the noise is awful from feedback)

    Please can someone from MSN tell us what the solution is - or at least admit you are working on it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments