Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T14:37:06+00:00

    Do you have two accounts? Are you scheduling your meetings through the Outlook add-in? If the answer is yes to either question, then that may be the problem. I originated the question in the forum some time ago, and at least for my purposes I no longer have this issue. I have made a significant change in how I create my meetings. My suggestion is: Do not use Outlook to create meetings. I have had no difficulty since I started creating the meetings in the Teams app instead of in Outlook. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T14:19:21+00:00

    Fully agree. Teams login processes remain awful if you have multiple accounts. It's inconsistent between browser and native app, some accounts don't get listed, you cannot start your own meetings, the list goes on. One cannot trust Microsoft Teams when having a conference call. I have to say Zoom is so much slicker and easier. I fear this is yet another example fo Microsoft "bloatware"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-27T16:28:54+00:00

    This is baffling to me why this has been a known problem for over a year, and the issue is still not resolved. "Someone in the meeting should let you in soon" - I basically can't schedule any meetings of my own anymore because I can never start them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-05T19:44:28+00:00

    I no longer have this issue. The problem, apparently, is the interface with Outlook. If I create the meeting in Outlook on the Outlook calendar using the Teams button, I have the problem where I can't join my own meeting. I suspect it has something to do with multiple email accounts connected to Outlook and then when I start the meeting, Teams defaults to the wrong account. The solution, which is relatively simple, is to schedule the meeting on the Teams calendar. Then, when it is time to join the meeting, join it through the Teams calendar. Skip Outlook for all scheduling and for the meeting itself. The meeting still will appear on the Outlook calendar; but Outlook is not particularly functional for creating or joining meetings where you have more than one account. I have been problem free on this for a year. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-05T17:01:33+00:00

    I have this same problem too. it has been interesting reading the posts on this and hope a fix is available soon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments