Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-21T11:41:54+00:00

    Teams is quite literally the new Small Business Server.

    They'll take 10 years trying to make a bunch of separately developed platforms all work together in a way they were never designed to at outset, with a shiny but buggy interface. (onedrive, skype, yammer, sharepoint...).

    When they reach the point of it finally working well, with good performance and bugs ironed out, they'll pull the plug for a brand new product line and start again from scratch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-18T14:07:53+00:00

    I have just had the same issue and couldn't work out what I was doing wrong.  The meeting I had set up would not allow me to join and no one else could join as I was the host!  Now I know that I am not the problem, that helps, but it is a real pain when I have meetings to attend as a school governor under a different Microsoft account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T14:05:43+00:00

    And it always says no one in the meeting let you in or something similar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-20T00:22:51+00:00

    Hi Kevin did you setup the teams meetiing in the teams App? 

    You have to setup the meeting in the teams app and not in outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-20T00:21:51+00:00

    Josephine did you setup the teams meetiing in the App? 

    You have to setup the meeting on the app and not in outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments