Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T14:39:34+00:00

    If you are creating meetings in Outlook, that may be the issue. I posted the problem last year. Since then, I have discovered that if I create the meeting through the Teams app (using the relevant account) rather than Outlook and if I join the meeting through the Teams calendar, I have no problems. The Teams calendar still syncs with Outlook so I can manage a single calendar. I just have to use the Teams tool for creating and attending Teams meetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-27T16:28:54+00:00

    This is baffling to me why this has been a known problem for over a year, and the issue is still not resolved. "Someone in the meeting should let you in soon" - I basically can't schedule any meetings of my own anymore because I can never start them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-03T07:40:19+00:00

    I tried scheduling the meeting from within Teams on Windows, but still I was not let into my own meeting. I tried logging out/in with my two different Teams accounts, but no success. Its a MAJOR problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-17T16:24:43+00:00

    Thanks Andreas, your answer gave me the idea to directly create the meeting in Teams instead and that does the trick for now as a workaround. Hope the underlying issue is fixed fast because this is absolutely annoying. As a consultant, business owner and student I am currently at 5 pro accounts and counting. It is really annoying I cannot confidently manage my meetings in Outlook any more as I've done for many years.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-10T08:17:11+00:00

    I have the same issue, it's frustrating not to be able to get into a meeting *I* set up to test this issue. 

    I have no idea how to switch accounts to host a meeting and there is no prompt pn screen to even assist.

    This is extremely annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments