Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-12T10:55:19+00:00

    I'm having the same issue as people report about above in the thread. Now I better understand the issue but please Microsoft, you need to make it easier for multiple account users to use your products. This is not working...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-30T14:36:43+00:00

    No, not good enough. Teams doesn’t work “just fine”, I want to book my meetings and manage my calendar exclusively out of Outlook. I cant do this. 

    Outlook and Teams are both Microsoft apps, they should be able to sync with other. Zoom can. 

    I’m done with Teams, for good. They had their chance to provide the user experience I was looking for and have failed. I now use Zoom and I’m extremely happy with it. I recommend that everyone switches to Zoom too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-25T13:43:34+00:00

    I also have this issue.  Come on Microsoft, figure out how to let people with multiple emails accounts use your products effectively. 

    I have this issue even when I am using my default account.  Every once in a while I get lucky with no rhyme or reason, but I consistently can not access my own meetings and this is unacceptable (expect I have to accept it as MS will do nothing to fix it).  What a sham. 

    I guess i'll sit around waiting that MS actually cares.  tick tock tick tock tick tock

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-25T13:53:32+00:00

    I have had 4 or 5 sessions with Microsoft techs. At the end of it, we manage to schedule a meeting that works. It takes about 45 minutes to work through it with them; so that is not a solution for a daily basis. I think I have developed a half-measure that seems to work (hopefully will continue to work). When I have a meeting on my default account (which is the account for which I am an administrator), I sign out of everything Microsoft and then I log onto the default account through my web browser. The desktop app seems to trip up.  But if I have signed out of everything and then go to Teams online and only to the account with the meeting, things seem to go as planned.  Not a great solution; but at least I can host and join meetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-09T15:20:01+00:00

    My employer was acquired and we were migrating from one tenant to the other tenant

    What i ended up having to do for the use that created the meeting was click meetings options from within teams.

    It opened a website.

    The website said they did not have access to the meeting options.

    So then I copied that URL and then opened a Private browsing window.

    Pasted the URL in to the private browser window

    Signed in to their other account.

    We were able to turn off the option to place people in a lobby.

    What i think occurred is that under File > Office account

    The account which was signed in was different from the account which created the meetings and this caused a problem being identified as the host.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments