Teams Won't Let Me Into My Own Meeting

Anonymous
2020-04-21T17:24:45+00:00

Hi,

I schedule a meeting through Outlook on my Mac, however when I then go to join that meeting it won't let me in. I get the message 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon' and I can't join.

I have two accounts on Outlook, my 'onmicrosoft.com' account where my Office 365 Business Premium account is registered and my work email. I want to be able to use my own Office 365 Business Premium account to create Teams Meetings and send them through my work email address. Hence, I am creating the Teams Meetings in my work email calendar so that they come from my work email address to my clients.

In the Teams application I logged in using my 'onmicrosoft.com' email as I cannot log in through my work email as I have no access and no means of gaining access (I am an contractor using the client firms email server). 

Can you help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-23T15:53:25+00:00

    Hi there, coming to this chat late... BUT after a year since this was raised here and probably has been about 1m times, as of August 2021... Where is the fix!!! this is not a liner world!!! Setting up a meeting and not being able to get in from the same machine and account is a business basic. I think I'll go back to two soup cans and a long piece of string. :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-10T17:21:23+00:00

    Thank you Laura for this, I definitely will try this approach.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T15:48:30+00:00

    For some time I have used Laura1850's approach of creating meetings in Teams, and it's worked fine. The sadness is that there are some Outlook tools and add-ins that are useful for creating and managing meetings.

    While I haven't done extensive tests, it appears that once created the meeting can be edited in Outlook and still allow one to join the meeting cleanly. I have only tried this a couple of times, but I can schedule a meeting for myself in Teams. I can then add others, or otherwise, edit the email and enter from Outlook.

    I've done only very limited testing on this, but would like to hear from others.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments