Can't link existing plan in Planner to Teams

Anonymous
2019-03-22T16:16:31+00:00

My team at work has a plan that was created in Planner.  We now want to also start using Teams, but we are unable to link the existing plan to Teams.  When we try to add a Planner tab to a channel, we get the option to "Use an existing plan from this team" or create a new plan, but there's no option to link to an already existing plan in Planner.  Does anyone know how to do this, or can you only link to plans that were created in Teams?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-29T19:33:31+00:00

    I have a workaround that isn't 100% elegant, but if you've spent alot of time in Planner (wish you could copy/paste buckets- but that's for another day) and don't want to recreate that from within Teams, here's the process... What I did was use the ellipses on the plan itself to copy a link. Then back in Teams, I added a Website to the tab and pasted that link there. It shows my O365 header, but the guts of the plan are there. Notes still transfer to ToDo back n forth. Comments still sent to the Group email. 

    HTH

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-29T20:23:46+00:00

    Thank you Andy.   I will keep that in mind...  Ended up recreating the Planner in Teams...  Have a great day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-01T15:23:35+00:00

    I have the same question... We should be able to reuse the existing planner we had.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-21T02:17:46+00:00

    Wow...sad to see that I am not the only person frustrated with this. This function to use existing forms in Teams works perfectly. Why can't they just figure out how to do the same thing in Planner. I now have to create new plans. What a pain.

    I will subscribe to see if this is fix but what a missed opportunity to model Trello and get the use of attaching existing plans in Teams. Come on guys.

    Patricia

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-27T19:53:37+00:00

    I just noticed this myself and wonder if I didn't have this problem before until now.

    I, too, created a plan outside of Teams. In my case I did it through a Web browser (still don't understand why there isn't a desktop app for planner like there is for other activities). When I click on the drop-down carrot to link an existing plan, it won't drop down and show me choices. It seems stuck.

    Looks like this has been going on for a very long long time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments