Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
I believe I have the same problem.
I get the the result below when I try to add an existing plan as a tab on a Team.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My team at work has a plan that was created in Planner. We now want to also start using Teams, but we are unable to link the existing plan to Teams. When we try to add a Planner tab to a channel, we get the option to "Use an existing plan from this team" or create a new plan, but there's no option to link to an already existing plan in Planner. Does anyone know how to do this, or can you only link to plans that were created in Teams?
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Here is the workaround that works for me:
In Teams App:
In Planner (website):
Note: I chose not to delete the old plan, but rename it. This way I have all of the old info in case something didn't copy over as needed. But, make sure team members know not to use the old plan anymore.
In Teams App:
Hi Kathryn, in regards to your solution, once this is actioned - can the planner that is then visible in Teams still be accessed as usual using the Planner app? i.e it can be accessed moving forward by either teams or planner?
Yes - I can see the old plan only on the website planner app, but I see the new plan in both Teams and Planner.
Thank you @Kathryn.M. That worked great.
It is a shame that this thread has been here soo long and Microsoft does not have the courtesy to even respond and say to the many people here that yes we are aware of the issue and we don't know how to solve it. There is just silence. Not good at all.