Can't link existing plan in Planner to Teams

Anonymous
2019-03-22T16:16:31+00:00

My team at work has a plan that was created in Planner.  We now want to also start using Teams, but we are unable to link the existing plan to Teams.  When we try to add a Planner tab to a channel, we get the option to "Use an existing plan from this team" or create a new plan, but there's no option to link to an already existing plan in Planner.  Does anyone know how to do this, or can you only link to plans that were created in Teams?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-11T17:44:40+00:00

    I have had the same experience of being unable to link Planner in Teams to an existing Plan. I solved it by using the Website app instead of the Planner app and posting in the URL for the Web version of our Plan. It worked fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-21T02:17:46+00:00

    Wow...sad to see that I am not the only person frustrated with this. This function to use existing forms in Teams works perfectly. Why can't they just figure out how to do the same thing in Planner. I now have to create new plans. What a pain.

    I will subscribe to see if this is fix but what a missed opportunity to model Trello and get the use of attaching existing plans in Teams. Come on guys.

    Patricia

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-16T00:52:41+00:00

    Could you please tell us how to "add plan to another team"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-23T08:34:12+00:00

    We want to use Planner as our project management tool internally and towards clients. When can we expect this issue to be fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-11-27T10:35:06+00:00

    I have the same problem - has this been resolved yet? I don't want to have to recreate a plan again in teams :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments