why is Teams so slow and unresponsive when with more then 10 people in the call

Anonymous
2020-04-16T19:04:14+00:00

Do other people have this also that Teams get so laggy and unresponsive when you are with many people in the meeting.

What will happen for example is that it takes very long that the bar appear where you can unmute your mic and leave the meeting or open the chat on the right.

Would like to hear if i am the only or its my Surface Pro 3 that is getting to old.

Surface Pro 3 is with 8 GB mem and a Core I7 and 512 gb ssd.

And does the Teams product team about this problem?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-27T18:49:11+00:00

    Same issue here, I have a user that immediately has problems with Webcam (lags and crashs) and audio. 

    If someone has a solution, I would appreciate it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-09T13:12:23+00:00

    While we are getting lag in video calls at times, our biggest issue is the lag when we are sharing our screen and trying to run a program.  It is particularly bad when I am trying to share a file that I am opening in Teams, Word or Excel.  Lag between clicking on a menu item or command to actually performing the task can be 15 to 20 seconds, compared to when performing the same task outside of a shared-screen meeting of 2-4 seconds.  We need this addressed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T11:30:08+00:00

    Same Issue here is experienced by multiple users.

    When Sharing a screen or with video with multiple users Teams gets real slow. Please fix this

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T18:12:35+00:00

    I am currently experiencing this problem. I also use a Surface Pro 3.

    Did not experience this when I taught my math class in May (12 students). Has happened in 2 classes I am currently teaching (20 students each) this week. Curiously, didn't experience this last week in the same classes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-17T10:00:00+00:00

    I switched to the "new meeting experience" and have much better performance now in nearly all conferences. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/new-meeting-and-calling-experience-in-microsoft-teams/ba-p/1537581

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments