why is Teams so slow and unresponsive when with more then 10 people in the call

Anonymous
2020-04-16T19:04:14+00:00

Do other people have this also that Teams get so laggy and unresponsive when you are with many people in the meeting.

What will happen for example is that it takes very long that the bar appear where you can unmute your mic and leave the meeting or open the chat on the right.

Would like to hear if i am the only or its my Surface Pro 3 that is getting to old.

Surface Pro 3 is with 8 GB mem and a Core I7 and 512 gb ssd.

And does the Teams product team about this problem?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-01T20:42:21+00:00

    I have the same problem but with ALL of my lessons, even if there aren't many people. Most of my classmates have been complaining about it too, so it is not an uncommon issue. It makes it extremely difficult to carry out online classes with the teachers also becoming aggravated. I hope that Microsoft can repair this predicament soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-01T20:52:23+00:00

    As it mentioned here before and confirmed by some people the issue could be caused by the camera model and driver combination. To prove this just grab another camera, ideally Microsoft LiveCam Studio and try again. Also try turning off camera and see if this fixes the issue. I have many different devices and Teams works for me great on each and every one of them, but I clearly see that many people having this issue, so the only way to resolve it is if somebody with the problem will be willing to show the problem, try different options and find a fix for the problem. I cannot do this because I do not have this problem at all, although I work in Teams heavily entire day, every day :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-03T07:54:46+00:00

    My organization has the same experience as you when using MS Teams.

    It is impossible to share a video during the call and even PowerPoint slides lag every now and then.

    Using the same hardware, we don't have this problem using Zoom, WebEx, or Goto Meeting.

    My office laptop has these specs:

    Intel i5-8350 @ 1.70 GHz

    16.0 RAM

    Windows 10 Enterprise and Office 365 Enterprise Subscription

    I even have this problem when I'm on my gaming laptop with a 1GB internet connection.

    It almost as if something is throttling the speed/connection. I've tried clearing caches / running only MS teams and PowerPoint / switched between LAN and WIFI, reinstalling the App, and nothing works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-03T13:19:33+00:00

    Thanks for reporting this. Did you try the solution I posted on March 1? This can give us a good idea on the root cause, will help to troubleshoot the issue, and hopefully find a good solution. So please try and report back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments