why is Teams so slow and unresponsive when with more then 10 people in the call

Anonymous
2020-04-16T19:04:14+00:00

Do other people have this also that Teams get so laggy and unresponsive when you are with many people in the meeting.

What will happen for example is that it takes very long that the bar appear where you can unmute your mic and leave the meeting or open the chat on the right.

Would like to hear if i am the only or its my Surface Pro 3 that is getting to old.

Surface Pro 3 is with 8 GB mem and a Core I7 and 512 gb ssd.

And does the Teams product team about this problem?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-04T14:57:53+00:00

    So it worked ok for 1-2 days? Question what happened in 1-2 days? What is changed? Can you check and confirm? McAfee installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-04T09:27:32+00:00

    I see the same issue with my surface as well, i7/16GB. Tried replacing the device, but it gets back after a day / two. Don't know what is happening!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-03T02:13:00+00:00

    @windows10insiderag,

    Please don't make the assumption that we don't know how to troubleshot some of these basic issues.  While this issue has gotten better over the past year, there remain issues.  I have used 3 different cameras.  My home wifi is over 350 mb/sec and am sitting 2 feet away from the WAP.  I am both on and off of VPN's.  While at home I have no control of Verizon's infrastructure.

    Our early research found that the biggest issue was that Teams did not play nice with the Microsoft Surface machines.  I have  Surface Book 2 and that was a particularly notorious problem.  We were experiencing lag over 30 seconds long when sharing a screen.

    Thankfully we have not experienced this level of difficulty recently but there are still issues and these should not be pushed back onto us as users.  We do understand that this platform is developing rapidly and it should also be understood that this is the venue to let Microsoft know the issues their users are seeing.

    Carl

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-03T01:25:09+00:00

    Guys, please relax! Ha-ha-ha! I know you are frustrated and upset. But I know Teams works great. So it must be something on your side. It could be anything: hardware, camera model, computer type, version of Teams, Internet connectivity, VPN tunnel, split VPN tunnel, your proxy server, router, cable modem, anything! Just try to change one thing at a time. Or everything all together. For instance just grab another computer, totally different model, and try Teams there. If it works - then look what could be causing it.

    If you check this thread back few month you can find our investigation and some hints that camera could be a culprit. In fact when I grabbed some hi-end USB external camera with separate power supply I got the same problem. But historically (for almost 10 years now) I use Microsoft Studio WebCam 1080P and it works really well. At some point it was a problem that video image was dark in Teams but with firmware update on the camera this issue was fixed.

    So try something and share your results. Use another computer. Try Laptop. Try Surface Pro. Try something. It must be something on your machine. Do you have 3-rd party antivirus? Do you have bunch of old garbage installed? Why don't you wipe your disk and install fresh Windows 10 version 20H2, put clean latest Office 365 ProPlus and try again? I can almost assure you will get it working if you just try something...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-03T01:01:24+00:00

    Just adding my voice to the list of "why is this thing so sloth-like."  Come on, MSFT.  If you guys made a clock, I swear it'd lose time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments