Additional meeting and call-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
I see the same issue with my surface as well, i7/16GB. Tried replacing the device, but it gets back after a day / two. Don't know what is happening!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Do other people have this also that Teams get so laggy and unresponsive when you are with many people in the meeting.
What will happen for example is that it takes very long that the bar appear where you can unmute your mic and leave the meeting or open the chat on the right.
Would like to hear if i am the only or its my Surface Pro 3 that is getting to old.
Surface Pro 3 is with 8 GB mem and a Core I7 and 512 gb ssd.
And does the Teams product team about this problem?
Additional meeting and call-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I see the same issue with my surface as well, i7/16GB. Tried replacing the device, but it gets back after a day / two. Don't know what is happening!
Guys, please relax! Ha-ha-ha! I know you are frustrated and upset. But I know Teams works great. So it must be something on your side. It could be anything: hardware, camera model, computer type, version of Teams, Internet connectivity, VPN tunnel, split VPN tunnel, your proxy server, router, cable modem, anything! Just try to change one thing at a time. Or everything all together. For instance just grab another computer, totally different model, and try Teams there. If it works - then look what could be causing it.
If you check this thread back few month you can find our investigation and some hints that camera could be a culprit. In fact when I grabbed some hi-end USB external camera with separate power supply I got the same problem. But historically (for almost 10 years now) I use Microsoft Studio WebCam 1080P and it works really well. At some point it was a problem that video image was dark in Teams but with firmware update on the camera this issue was fixed.
So try something and share your results. Use another computer. Try Laptop. Try Surface Pro. Try something. It must be something on your machine. Do you have 3-rd party antivirus? Do you have bunch of old garbage installed? Why don't you wipe your disk and install fresh Windows 10 version 20H2, put clean latest Office 365 ProPlus and try again? I can almost assure you will get it working if you just try something...
Just adding my voice to the list of "why is this thing so sloth-like." Come on, MSFT. If you guys made a clock, I swear it'd lose time.
Its not only you idk why i just bought my laptop and less than one year ago im still in its guarantee. Every time i have a lesson its just lags out and i cant do anything about it.
Hi folks
- while we wait a few years for MSFT to fix it - an ugly fix seems to be to turn off INCOMING video in teams call settings to get a responsive laptop back (probably already mentioned in this very long thread).