pop up box interrupts with "Are you still there?"

Anonymous
2020-03-30T12:50:53+00:00

I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well.  I will switch back and forth between tabs.  Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back".  This is the only option to make the box go away.  Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on.  I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this.  I want to pull my hair out.  How can I stop it from popping up like this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?  

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-06T06:19:36+00:00

    This bizarre behaviour by the app could be a case of a programmer running wild, thinking "how about if I could program this AI thing ..." and he does. If it makes sense comes second to proving it can be programmed ... and it is a new feature which markering can bang their pots and pans about.

    But it proves again my credo: Artificial Intelligence always end up as Natural Stupidity.

    MS: please remove this nonsense and give back control to the user. Users can be quite clever about what they want to do themselves actually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-09T10:18:41+00:00

    This is a real issue for my team and myself, when using Teams for meetings, we often wish to open new tabs with documents/spreadsheets etc. The timeout appears, clicking it will kick you off a meeting which is incredibly frustrating and time-wasting. Please give us the option to disable this, as it is unecessary.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-25T09:01:03+00:00

    It's pretty annoying. When the dialogue shows up and I click on "I'm back" the whole webapp reloads, disconnecting me from meetings or whatever. And it renders the webapp unusable: Right after reload the same dialogue shows up over and over, stuck in a loop. To escape, I have to delete all microsoft-related cookies and wait a couple of time.

    While this happens, I'm also connected via iphone/teams-app, which is not affected.

    An evil workaround for this issue is to delete the modal dialogue using the devtools, e.g. right-click in the dialogue, select "inspect", scroll up to the div with the id "ngdialog1" and delete it. Needs only be done once.

    unfortunately that didn't help for long. After a while an AppError-redirect kills the session entirely.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-20T08:53:10+00:00

    Our team is also affected.

    Let's say we have a planning; someone is screensharing their screen to show the Tasks panel, and that person also has teams meeting opened in another window. This sometimes leads to the "Are you still there" conundrum, which as OP describes leads to either closing the tasks tab or closing the meeting tab.

    We too want to pull our hair out. Please, MS, fix this? Or you secretly want all the devs to go bald in their early thirties?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments