pop up box interrupts with "Are you still there?"

Anonymous
2020-03-30T12:50:53+00:00

I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well.  I will switch back and forth between tabs.  Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back".  This is the only option to make the box go away.  Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on.  I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this.  I want to pull my hair out.  How can I stop it from popping up like this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?  

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-21T14:50:45+00:00

    Just try opening 3-4 different Planner instances in 3-4 tabs and it immediately gives this message. Please get this fixed, there is no possible reason for this being useful to anyone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-30T10:01:00+00:00

    Yes, this is extremely annoying. Remarks point to different browser behaviour. Probably not, this is deliberately programmed.

    It's a clear case of "artificial intelligence" gone awry. Jokingly I have a credo: artificial intelligence always morph into natural stupidiy.

    The urge of MS to embrace and cuddle the user means they cater for the least denominator and assume all needs the same functionality.

    Let's hope this "we introduce stuff just because we can program it and programming is fun"-era soon ends.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-08T08:57:17+00:00

    Incredibly dumb limitation by Microsoft. Are they listening? Like f*** they are!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-03T19:00:12+00:00

    Still an ongoing problem. I've been using Teams exclusively in a browser for months of 2021.

    Today I was in a TEAMS meeting. The Are you still there pop up box shows up. The thing is, I'm still connected to audio, discussing topics with other attendees. I click I'm back, only to have the tab re-load. I'm kicked out of the meeting and it reloads to the MS Teams Chat interface. Useless. Now I go back to the calendar & relaunch the meeting..wait...wait.. click click... re-join. *sigh*

    As others stated, this behavior is different than previous months.

    This is not what we signed up for. Fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments