pop up box interrupts with "Are you still there?"

Anonymous
2020-03-30T12:50:53+00:00

I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well.  I will switch back and forth between tabs.  Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back".  This is the only option to make the box go away.  Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on.  I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this.  I want to pull my hair out.  How can I stop it from popping up like this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?  

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T16:07:16+00:00

    This is the way to consistently replicate this problem:

    1. Open 2 browser tabs (no matter what browser)

    2. Connect to MS Teams on each tab (no matter what section in MS Teams).

    So far so good - you  can use them and go back and forth between them with no problem. 

    3. Add a third browser tab and connect to MS Teams.

    The issue comes when you add a third browser tab with MS Teams. You can use the third tab with no problem but as soon as you go to any of the first two tabs you will get the "Are you still there?" popup. It wouldn't matter if you just had to press the button and keep going, but the issue is that it fully refreshes the web page, taking about 10 seconds and losing it's position. 

    Opening browser windows instead of tabs makes no difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-14T10:02:31+00:00

    For me, the issue is not the popup, but it is the fact that it reloads the page (logging you out of calls etc)

    A prompt that when clicked continues with the same page without reload would solve the majority of the issues

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-14T13:03:34+00:00

    Rick ?  Anything ?  In a twist on George Costanza, "It's not me, it's you."  :) -- Just hoping a team at Microsoft is working on it...  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T16:23:39+00:00

    This is exactly my issue if I have a meeting open on one page and looking at a file on the other when I return to the meeting it reloads and kicks me out of the call.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T16:46:17+00:00

    Katherine, 

    (I am not Microsoft) but have the same issue as you. The issue shows up when you have 3 or more browser tabs using MSTeams. The fact that the MS Teams desktop app now allows the conference call to be a separate window has reduced the need for me to use more than 2 tabs. If you really need to have more than 2 MS teams browser tabs open, I suggest you to use 2 separate browsers.

    Hope this helps. 

    Carlos

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments