pop up box interrupts with "Are you still there?"

Anonymous
2020-03-30T12:50:53+00:00

I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well.  I will switch back and forth between tabs.  Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back".  This is the only option to make the box go away.  Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on.  I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this.  I want to pull my hair out.  How can I stop it from popping up like this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?  

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-07T14:21:46+00:00

    I have this as well, with Edge Chromium. I was setting up various Team Channels as Progressive Web Apps, but every time I switch from one to another I get this pop-up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-22T15:35:42+00:00

    We are having the same problem. We use the desktop app and the web app on Chrome simultaneously to:

    • Monitor the chat box more easily
    • Prepare polls in advance in the chat on a web version to share into the meeting at a particular time (much easier than pausing the meeting to type a poll mid-stream - can open multiple browsers and have several polls ready to go)

    Sometimes when we have the web version open, it times out, says "Are you still there" then restarts, wiping out the poll.

    Is there a way to fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-17T15:57:00+00:00

    I am experiencing the same issue as well in Chrome. When I navigate between tabs, I get a "Are you still there? I'm back" pop up I have to tap in order to view the page again.

    I have the desktop app open and use that the most but then use Chrome to have three other channels open to be able to monitor chat, grab files, update spreadsheets, etc, without losing my spot in the desktop app (it's like having multiple folders open to gather needed incoming files/details). I don't see a way to have multiple channels open at once, so opening in the web is the solution.

    But that pop up happening in Chrome (preferred browser) is driving me crazy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-07T14:00:09+00:00

    Any news?  (I tested Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, and it happened on all 3.)  I do not recall this occurring a few months ago when my company started using Teams.  I can't pinpoint the time, but early May seems about right (I think I saw someone else note that).  I brought this up in a Microsoft webinar also.  Any fix would be greatly appreciated -- multiple tabs usage (without the "Are you still there...") makes Teams so much easier and more efficient!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-06T14:22:27+00:00

    Rick, 

    I have the exact same issue. As a project manager I need to be able to display multiple sections of MS Teams during a conference call. Since I am using the MS Teams app already for video conferencing, I decided to open multiple Chrome tabs with different views of MS Teams sections (e.g. files, One Note, Planner). This worked perfectly because I could switch quickly form one tab to another without any impact on the conversation flow. Since about a month or two ago this popup started happening ("Are you Still there?"), no matter if I switch back after a few seconds.  I tested Microsoft Edge and same thing happens. The desktop client does not have this issue because you can't have multiple windows at the same time (unless I am missing how to do it). 

    I can consistently replicate the case if you want to contact me. 

    Thanks for your help.

    Carlos Alfonso

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments