Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Please just remove the "are you still there" popup. It serves absolutely no purpose other to annoy people.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well. I will switch back and forth between tabs. Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back". This is the only option to make the box go away. Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on. I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this. I want to pull my hair out. How can I stop it from popping up like this? Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?
Thank you
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Please just remove the "are you still there" popup. It serves absolutely no purpose other to annoy people.
Hopefully Microsoft can fix the issue here given that it has been happening for over half a year. It is hugely beneficial for me to have 3 teams tabs open with separate spreadsheets in and the current bug with the "are you still there" prompts makes it unworkable.
I'm on a Chromebook, running Chrome.
I only have two Microsoft tabs open, one for Outlook, one for Teams. Other non-MS tabs are open.
I've been running this way for a while.
I've never been able to open the Teams tab first, or, after an appropriate idle time, like overnight, the Outlook tab says I need to log in again, and I can't.
The solution has been to open the Outlook tab, log in, and use the waffle button ctrl-Teams to open Teams in a new tab.
Today, that doesn't work.
Outlook opens, asks for a login, challenges with the Two-Factor SMS, and brings up Outlook.
Opening the new tab to Teams doesn't work. I can't open it in an Incognito tab, either.
The message on screen is "To re-enable the application the tab needs to be refreshed." and a button that says "I'm back". Tapping the button, refreshing, clearing cache, nothing makes a difference.
I have Teams open on my Android phone, but I can't get it to open on the web on Chromebook.
(On Android, the Chrome browser isn't supported. It says I need to use the app.)
please really fix the problem mutable months sense this message please don't just send robot messages
Katherine,
(I am not Microsoft) but have the same issue as you. The issue shows up when you have 3 or more browser tabs using MSTeams. The fact that the MS Teams desktop app now allows the conference call to be a separate window has reduced the need for me to use more than 2 tabs. If you really need to have more than 2 MS teams browser tabs open, I suggest you to use 2 separate browsers.
Hope this helps.
Carlos