pop up box interrupts with "Are you still there?"

Anonymous
2020-03-30T12:50:53+00:00

I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well.  I will switch back and forth between tabs.  Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back".  This is the only option to make the box go away.  Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on.  I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this.  I want to pull my hair out.  How can I stop it from popping up like this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?  

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-22T18:42:38+00:00

    Its so stupid i want to throw my ipad on the floor

    ugh

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T10:12:27+00:00

    I am still having the issue and it's became a problem in my online classes, where I need the questions open on one tab, my work sheet on another and my call on a third. There is still no fix and when I clicked it, it removed me from the call. There has to be some solution to this, it is negatively affecting my studying and perhaps thousands of other students. This must be fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-18T14:29:51+00:00

    Im having this as well, if i have multiple Microsoft teams tabs open (on google chrome) and im needing to be swapping between them. They will display a popup saying "Are you there?" If I click "Im back" it will completely reload the page. This will then become a loop for each of the tabs. If we could just remove the "Are you there?" popup or alter it so it does not reload the page. That would be perfect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-17T01:14:58+00:00

    MS - This is a known & continual issue, and shows that Teams is poorly designed & not working for users as it should. After less than TWO minutes I see this stupid popup insert window asking me "ARE YOU STILL THERE" with a button "I"M BACK" !   Really pathetic. No kidding I'm there, did I log out - NO, did I close the window, NO, did I do anything - NO!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-10T15:47:45+00:00

    Any update on this Microsoft?  This issue affects me EVERY DAY.  

    And... when you are in a Teams meeting within a tab (and the "I'm back" pop up comes up)  it prevents me from accessing the menu icons on the Teams meeting session.  I click on "I'm back" and then I lose connectivity to the meeting and then have to rejoin.

    PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments