pop up box interrupts with "Are you still there?"

Anonymous
2020-03-30T12:50:53+00:00

I have more than one TEAMS tab open at a time, and other tabs as well.  I will switch back and forth between tabs.  Sometimes, when I switch back to a TEAMS tab, even if I've only been off that particular tab for a few minutes, a box pops up saying "Are you still there?" and there is a button saying "I'm Back".  This is the only option to make the box go away.  Once I click on the button, the whole TEAMS site resets, and interrupts what I was working on.  I am having a hard enough time trying to figure out TEAMS, without having the program purposely set me back like this.  I want to pull my hair out.  How can I stop it from popping up like this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?  

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-09T12:59:27+00:00

    I use Edge for MS Office and I'm also getting this pop-up that the Chrome users are getting.   It occurs when I have a live meeting on one monitor and I drag another tab for chats and teams over to the other monitor.   The pop-up seems to occur in whichever window is not active at the moment.  If I'm active in chat for a few minutes while the meeting plays the pop-up happens in the meeting tab.  If I'm active in the meeting window for a few minutes the pop-up happens in the chat tab.   After reading this, I'm assuming this is by design and the application simply is not designed to have multiple connections open and operate on multiple screens via browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-08T15:18:36+00:00

    I have the same Issue. Sadly it isn´t possible to open multiple Windows in Teams (for example when you have 3-4 Excel Sheets and you don´t want to switch, because that costs a lot of time in the slow MS Teams Software), so i have to use multiple Browser Tabs .. But then i get every 3 sec. the Message "Are you still there?" 

    That software is used by millions of people, how is such an bug even possible? I found reports over this annoying bug from 2019 ... So it needs 2 years to stop an annoying pop or to implement an multi instance in teams?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-30T17:09:27+00:00

    HAHA BUT ITS TRUE THO

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-30T17:05:21+00:00

    omg like EXACTLY that is so true and im tired of it it just kicks you out!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-24T00:59:46+00:00

    Hey, He was opening multiple tabs in the internet he used. During his work i also experience that too when i work on tasks. When i also open multiple tabs it makes me frustrated. Please remove this box to keep all people on the Road of Working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments